This Scholarship was established in memory of Martin L. Boyd to enable any young man or woman who is an active member of Liberty United Methodist Church with an interest in going to college the opportunity to do so. Money awarded is a gift to selected applicants who meet eligibility requirements and does not have to be repaid upon graduation. Preference will be given to applicants with a demonstrated financial need.
Applications Accepted March 4 – May 3, 2019
- Active member of Liberty United Methodist Church
- Minimum 2.0 Overall GPA
- Verification of college acceptance and enrollment
- Enrollment of not less than 12 semester hours
- Satisfactory academic progress (2.0 or higher GPA)
- Currently enrolled as well as prospective college students may apply.
- Students must apply for an award once each academic year.
- Funds will be disbursed to the applicant prior to each semester.
- The maximum award is $3,000 per year
- Completed application forms and requested documentation are to be returned to the Martin L. Boyd Memorial Scholarship Committee, Liberty U.M.C., 6511 Houston Rd, Macon, GA 31216
A COMPLETE APPLICATION CONSISTS OF 4 DOCUMENTS
** PLEASE NOTE – INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- THE APPLICATION FORM
- BRIEF ESSAY DOCUMENT
- COLLEGE ACCEPTANCE LETTER
- MOST RECENT GPA VERIFICATION
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION: Boyd Scholarship Application 2019
MARTIN L. BOYD MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP applications are also available in the church office located at 6511 Houston Road, Macon, Georgia.
2018 Scholarship Recipients
2018 Boyd Scholarship Recipients with Mrs. Martin L. Boyd
|HARRISON BELL||ALIVIA ANDRAKIN|
|ANDREW FERGUSON||JARED OSBURN|
|COLLIN HAMMOCK||NATHAN PUCKETT|
|CALEB LINDSEY||KATLYN STANLEY|
|EMORY LINDSEY||ANDREW STEPHENS|
|AUSTIN MARCHMAN||MADELYN STEPHENS|
|BENJAMIN NEWBERRY||JULIA STONER|
2018 Boyd Scholarship Committee
2017 Scholarship Recipients
2017 Boyd Scholarship Committee
Mrs. Martin Boyd